Friday, September 3, 2010

Narada's past

The following is an abridged excerpt from the Bhagavata Purana. Please read the introduction.

(This is not a continuation of the previous post.)

Narada said, "Do you know how i became a bhakta of Lord Vishnu ?"

On the banks of the lake, a pippala tree grew, and I sat down and shut my eyes. I began to meditate as the rishis of the Ashrama had taught me and I felt my eyes fill with unaccountable tears, and my body, with an indescribable joy.
Slowly, Hari manifested himself in my heart. My hair stood on end, a flashflood of ecstasy swept me out of myself. I don't know how long the communion lasted, it may have been a moment or a year, but as suddenlly as he had come to me my ineffable Lord was gone.

I opened my eyes and jumped up, in some despair.

Then, a great voice spoke to me from everywhere. 'you will find me again, when all the desires in your heart have been quelled. And when you have cast off this gross body of yours, you wil be my friend and my emissary. Remember, i am with you always."

...

No comments:

Post a Comment